Website:

C&C Collectible Creations website: http://www.candccollectiblecreations.com/

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

True Beauty Corner Cabinet

A friend of mine called from an estate sale to tell about some furniture that was for sale.  She is a fellow furniture painter who is on hold right now but shares the same likes as myself in furniture so she knew that I would like some the furniture (which I did...thanks for the call Jackie!)  There hiding in the corner was this corner cabinet...dark corner which made this piece even darker.  I stepped back and looked and quickly said that I would take the piece.  

 
I really appreciated the fact that it did not need much work in the repair department and that the glass was clear and unbroken.  My husband and I loaded her up and delivered to my studio to start the transformation process.  
 
I first painted behind the door the pretty Annie Sloan Duck Egg Blue.  Duck Egg Blue is in the top as one of my favorite colors.
 
 
The rest of the cabinet was done in Old White.  I stepped back and really like the way she was coming along.  After all the white was applied I hand waxed with clear wax and lightly distressed for that shabby chic look.  
 
 
I then added some cute glass door knobs and then headed to Dixieland Antiques for the perfect corner where it is holding some pretty dishes waiting for the perfect customer to take her home.  Hmmm...do you have that perfect corner in your house to hold this true beauty? 
 
 
That's all for now...come back soon!
 
(original post on April 22, 2011)
 

No comments: